Saturday 10 January 2009

Kanye Does VIBE Magazine...

Kanye West's first ever solo VIBE cover "I AM RAP".
Kanye is the official face of VIBE Magazines February edition. I must say Kanye is a very interesting choice for the Valentines issue. With his Hit album "808's & Heartbreak" being one of the most brilliant/depressing albums of the year, I'm thinking they're not going for the romantic approach this year.

Here's a few snippets of what you can expect from the interview:
“I haven’t done anything violent. They make it seem like I actually went and hit the paparazzi. I haven’t. I was restrained. I’m good at restraining myself from committing violent acts."

“I made a decision. I wanna make popular music, but I want less fans. I want the freedom of having less fans."

"I definitely feel like, in the next however many years, if I work out for two months, that I’ll pose naked. I break every rule and mentality of hip-hop, of black culture, of American culture.”

“I believe BeyoncĂ© is the greatest performer of our generation,” he offered. “I believe I am the greatest entertainer of this generation. I go neck-and-neck on Jay-Z and [Lil] Wayne as far as who’s the best lyricist. Jay-Z has longevity.”

I can't wait to check out the full interview.


Mr.DamaJe*

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read this interview. I agree fully with his comments on Beyonce and himself.

    I'm loving the blog Damaje.

    Patrice FTC.

    ReplyDelete